Pinto Art Museum, An Artsy Fartsy Sundate

What was supposed to be a typical movie/foodtrip sundate with the boyfriend turned into an unexpected artsy farsty rainy Sunday afternoon rendezvous at the Pinto Art Museum. We were supposed to watch a movie but ditched the plan when there were only 4 movies showing on Robinson's cinemas that day and we didn't feel like watching three of them. Inside Out seemed like a good idea but seeing ALL those kids lined up outside and just thinking about how noisy it's going to be inside during the movie made me think twice. Nope, not a good idea.
Late lunch at Tiolo

T-Bone Steak at Tiolo, Antipolo Rizal His T-bone steak...

Baby back ribs at Tiolo, Antipolo Rizal And my baby back ribs

After grabbing lunch, we basically just drove around Antipolo, having nowhere to go, until I saw a signage that points to where the Pinto Art Museum is at. Told J that’s the museum I’ve been seeing on my friends’ and my cousin’s IG feed lately and without any intention of actually going in, he said we can just take a quick look from the outside. But when we got there, our curiosity kept taking us closer and the next thing we knew, we were already paying the entrance fee of Php180.00 to finally see what this whole place is all about. I gotta say, that was the best one hundred and eighty pesos I've spent that week. So I'm going to shut up now and let the photos speak for themselves.
  Processed with VSCOcam with se3 preset I really really really shouldn't have stood there.

When I was a kid, I loved drawing and making crafts and everyone thought that was my talent so it made me believe I'd grow up to be an artist. But when I had to choose a course to take up in college, I suddenly felt like I'm not really that passionate enough about the craft to be taking up an art course. I mean, I love art! But I wasn't confident that I could pull it off. What if I get bored? What if I'm not as good as I thought I was? What if I end up wanting to do something else? I got scared and I didn't want to be rejected if I turn out to be "not good enough" so I chose to stay safe, picked a course with the least Math units in it - found one [course] that has two [Maths] and I almost flunked both but that's another story.
  Being surrounded by so much art at the galleries kind of made me hate my younger self for being such a chicken. But that doesn't necessarily mean I regret the choices I have made because I'm really happy with where I am now. Remember what the Dalai Lama said? I don't, so I Googled it.
"Sometimes, not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck!"
Anyway, here are more photos! They are no longer in proper order because I have zero organizing skills. What I loved most about the place was that it's not like the kind of museums I've only visited back in college because our professors required us to. It's a beautiful art space and being there made me forget about everything else. The place felt like an escape and the fact that I'm in it with my favorite person made the experience so much more meaningful. Processed with VSCOcam with se3 preset The white concrete structures reminded me a lot of Santorini, Greece, except they were surrounded by trees and plants instead of the ocean. They also had a lot of day beds outside where you can just lie down, smell the fresh air, stare at the sculptures in the garden, and watch the other visitors enjoying themselves as well. [caption id="attachment_3227" align="aligncenter" width="676"]Processed with VSCOcam with hb1 preset Damn I wish I had one of these at home!

Me in my Kylie Jenner - esque hair and my Tyga skin-toned boyfriend enjoying one of the daybeds with a series of pacute selfies

There was even a huge rocking horse toy/thing made of steel that you can ride and rock back and forth! Never had a rocking horse as a kid and just when I thought it's too late for me to experience it cuz they don't make 'em for big girls no more, I found this!

Doesn't it look like I shrank into a little person here? I love it!

Processed with VSCOcam with m5 preset

Since we just had heavy lunch before going there, we only got to try their fruit shakes and Mexico pizza - just perfect for my Mexican dish craving! Although a bit pricey, shakes are at 100 pesos each and the 10-inch pizza was around 200+, the food was really good! I mean for THAT price, it had to be. (Sorry, not a foodie so that's pretty much all I can tell you about it and you will have to get someone else's opinion if you really wanna know hahah)
  Cafe Tan-aw by Peppermill, Pinto Art MuseumWhile waiting for our noms at the Cafe Tan-aw by Peppermill

More than 200 photos taken and not one did justice to the beauty of this place. We could have taken more photos had we come prepared and brought a better camera but it was a very spontaneous date in which nothing was planned at all and both our phones were even running low on battery but even so, we still had so much fun!

 We were both overwhelmed [ #ignorante ] by everything we saw inside and wished so bad we could create such beautiful pieces too. And because we will never be able to afford to actually buy those art pieces, we're thinking of making our own paintings that we can display at my place like it's our very own gallery! Exciting, right? I can't wait to paint portraits for each of my 12 cats!

The lack of symmetry in this photo bothers me so much but I'm too lazy to fix it. Cringe all you want.

Visiting an art space for a date was something we've never done before. Yeah, I know now what we've been missing out on but hey, better late than never, right? Our curiosity has conquered our fear of the unknown! I'm just really glad we made that turn and that we went in even if we had literally no idea what was waiting for us inside. I'm glad we took the chance because as it turned out, we have made the right choice and it was all worth it!

Comments

Popular Posts