Northwest Roadtrip: Calle Crisologo


Months before summer, I promised myself that I won't be obsessing about traveling or going to the beach just because that's what everybody else is going to do. I had plans for the summer but it did not involve chillin' by the beach, sippin' on some fancy drink, and Instagrammin that shit.
I knew early on that I needed something to change in my life this year, that this summer has to be different from the last. I was itching for change!


So even if it wasn't in my calendar at all, being tagged along on this four-day roadtrip to Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte with my family on Labor Day gave me the space I needed to really think things out.


Anyway, here are a bunch of photos from the first day of our North West road trip last summer! If you haven't read Part 1 of our Day 1 in Ilocos Sur, you may read it HERE.

So after a loooong drive and the equally looong and almost hopeless search for a place to stay in for the night, we finally settled for a poorly constructed/under-construction traveler's inn somewhere in Vigan. And after cleaning up a bit and changing clothes, we went straight to Calle Crisologo!


Calle Crisologo was so beautiful, specially at night! The people of Vigan did a great job preserving history in that place. However, I feel like I'd be able to appreciate it more if it wasn't swarmed with tourists. I understand, it was mid-summer, not to mention a long Labor Day weekend, so I get the whole thing of everybody being in one place at the same time. It's just sad because I wasn't able to take good photos because there's just way too many irrelevant people in there getting on my shot!*sobs* Oh well, better luck next time. If I'd ever get a chance to go back, I'm definitely not going there on summer. Because people.

So after an hour of walking, taking pictures, and taking pictures while walking, we grabbed dinner at Max's then went back to our funny inn after!

Will be back for the 2nd Day of our North West Road Trip with photos from all over Laoag City!

Comments

  1. Wow! the Philippines is indeed very beautiful. This is going to be one in my to do list. Road trip around the Philippines ;) Thank you for sharing ;)

    xoxo
    shannel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Shannel! You should definitely visit the Philippines someday! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts