The Funeral



Top - thrifted | tulle skirt - thrifted | jacket - thrifted | tights - Beats For Fashion | wedges - Parisian | round sunglasses - DV | bag - DV

Going to work these days feels like going to a funeral. You know, the kinda funeral you don't wanna go to because it's your mortal enemy's funeral so you'd rather spend the day throwing a rave party at your place in celebration of his/her departure from the face of the Earth but you can't "have fun" because the world expects you to be a forgiving person with respect for the dead.

Yeah, that's excatly how I feel about work right now. Sorry to the easily offended, I didn't mean it. Haha. Besides, I am right about the funeral thing. I work with people who have completely lost their social lives. So basically, they're we're all dead here. We're zombies who work hard every day for those hefty paychecks we get every 2 weeks. Not bad. Stress is just really turning me into a monster right now. An ugly grumpy monster with brown hair, dressed in head-to-toe black!

I wore this to work last night because I felt like it's gonna be another toxic day/night. And boy was I right! We worked overtime - yet again. So instead of going home at 5:30 AM, I was just walking out of the building at 9-something in the morning with the sun already up, almost trying to blind me with its ultraviolet rays.

Sigh. Isn't it funny how I'm all smiles and dresed in colors on my previous post and now, I'm donning a semi-permanent bitch face and an all-black ensemble? That's exactly what I mean when I say "I dress according to my mood". I guess all fashion bloggers can relate to this.

Oh well, I have a strong feeling this is gonna go on for the rest of the week so I've planned to go on an all-black-all-week dress code. NO COLORS THIS WEEK! JUST BLACK!

Comments

  1. awesome look :) now this, i think, is your signature style.

    jadeserinabioneda.co.nr

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really love your outfit

    kisses from italy

    http://frombaroquewithlove.com/
    http://frombaroquewithlove.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that despite this outfit being all black, it works because of the cuts and textures.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this outfit is really really cool!
    and yesss, I know exactly what you mean , I wish I had all those amazing ruffle dresses of RedValentino!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the way you edited these photos! you look so bad ass! love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't go wrong with black but what a huge difference from your previous colorful outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your skirt!!

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry to hear work sucks so bad : / but hey...at least you look good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nikki!~~ thanks for dropping by my channel! ^^

    Looking so fierce in this outfit! Atta Girl! :))

    More power to us!

    LOVE: Arrienne

    http://mineeh11.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful outfit, it has sth of the rock version of black swan :)
    i love your blog! would you maybe like to follow each other? this would be awesome :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures. I adore your fun style!

    I would love for you to stop by and check out my ShoeMint photo shoot!
    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really like your blog girl! I am your newest follower! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute all black outfit! love the studded bracelet!

    XOXOJOANNIE
    ANURBAN-EXPLORER.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awe, being overworked sucks, I hope things turn around and become more inspiring for you and your colleagues.

    This look however is super fabulous and makes everything better :)

    Virginie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. cool looks! i just lovee ur glasses B)

    xoxo-bella

    bella-moreway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts